“The key to making a good decision in this challenging housing market is to be laser focused on what you need now and in the years ahead, so that you can stay in your home long enough that buying is a sound financial decision.”Here are a few questions you can start thinking through as you fine tune your goals for 2023.
What Are Your Goals in the Housing Market This Year?
If buying or selling a home is part of your dreams for 2023, it’s essential for you to understand today’s housing market, define your goals, and work with industry experts to bring your homeownership vision for the new year into focus. In the last year, high inflation had a big impact on the economy, the housing market, and likely on your wallet too. That’s why it’s critical to have a clear understanding of not just the market today, but also what you want out of it when you buy or sell a home. Danielle Hale, Chief Economist at realtor.com, explains:
- Number of Homes for Sale Up from Last Year, but Below Pre-Pandemic Years
- How Experts Can Help Close the Gap in Today’s Homeownership Rate
- The Top Reasons for Selling Your House
- You May Not Need as Much as You Think for Your Down Payment [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Experts Forecast a Turnaround in the Housing Market in 2023